Friday 27 March 2015

Skagit Valley Colour


Last week we headed south of the border to the Skagit Valley. As we had to be in Vancouver for Neil to attend a meeting for work, I figured we may as well keep driving a little further and enjoy some gorgeous views. Since we moved to Powell River 9 years ago, I've been pining to get back to the Mount Vernon area during Spring to take photos of my kids in the flowers. I finally got my wish. The kids aren't as tiny as I'd imagined in the pictures, but in my opinion, still very cute. It was a little early for tulips however we did manage to find one field that was alive with red. A stop at Roozan Gaarde provided us with loads of brilliant colours and varities, just little gardens worth not fields of them. Mostly we saw  yellow, vibrant, amazing daffodils that went on for what seemed like forever. The kids were in awe, especially my Jack. He could hardly believe his eyes. My mom told me once that daff's remind her of her dad so I always think of him when I see them too.  I'm beyond grateful for our afternoon driving around the Skagit Valley. It really felt heavenly -warm sun on our faces, a few clouds in the sky, miles of colour and happiness. Perfection!


Joining in with Jen and newly discovered Aimee Lynn Photography

Pierced Wonderings




3 comments:

  1. Gah! So gorgeous! Totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!!!! This is all so, so beautiful! And you are right - your family photos are perfectly adorable.
    Found you via Finding Beauty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jen! These photos are absolutely gorgeous! The colors are incredible and I love the shots of your children...particularly the one with them in the middle of the daffodils. I've always wanted to find myself in fields of flowers - the closest I've come is the sunflowers in Kansas. But they don't compare to the beauty here.

    thank you for joining us again this week!

    ReplyDelete